Christmas is a season of celebration. We celebrate with friends, family, and co-workers. We celebrate in a variety of different ways: food, gifts, parties, and singing. We celebrate God's ridiculous love for us in His gift of Jesus Christ. So this Christmas season, we decided our Christmas Offering would also revolve around celebration.
2018 has been a year of great progress in seeing Jesus' dream of "His kingdom come, His will be done on earth as it is in heaven" become a reality. While I hear stories on a regular basis on how this is happening among us, I want to highlight three:
- Since 2009, we have been partnering with Vision Trust to bring God's kingdom to earth in Cruz Blanca, Guatemala. We support teachers salaries. Individuals in our church sponsor children in the community. We, also, send trips to further the work there. This year a new learning center facility was constructed. This facility will help educate, feed and bring hope to this Mayan community. You are a part of making Jesus' dream a reality in Cruz Blanca.
- At the beginning of the year, we decided to partner with the Guilderland Food Pantry to feed the food insecure in our community. We announced the vision for building renovations, and people responded with amazing generosity to make it a reality. Since the food pantry relocation, they are serving more people and the community is giving more TO the pantry as well. Giving of our space was a catalyst to see the food insecurity addressed in greater ways in our community.
- We also started a new format for Student Ministry in 2018. In the fall, we launched Impulse on alternating Sunday evenings. It provides a unique opportunity for Middle and High Schoolers to have the building "all the themselves" with programming and activities just for them. This has enabled students to invites friends more easily and provided more quality time between youth leaders and teens.
Your generosity at CCG is bringing God's Kingdom to earth.
Our December goal is to generously give $70,000 (General Fund & Christmas Offering combined) to keep this kingdom dream rolling. God has so much more in store for us as we partner with Him in His dream, and we look forward to what He will do next.
All contributions received or postmarked before midnight on December 31, 2018, are tax deductible and will be credited towards your 2018 giving for tax purposes.
There are three simple ways you can give:
- IN PERSON (during one of our Christmas services)
- ONLINE (CLICK HERE AND DESIGNATE CHRISTMAS OFFERING)
- BY MAIL (4 Charles Blvd., Guilderland, NY 12084)